By Jorge Benitez, NATOSource, April 29, 2013From Thomas Enders and Wolfgang Ischinger, Munich Security Conference: Demands are growing – as the recent crises in Mali and Libya illustrate – even as defence budgets steadily decline. . . .
In light of this situation, Europe – especially Germany, France, and Great Britain – should reach agreement on three aspects of joint defence:
1. The strategic objective.
2. The extent of shared sovereignty.
3. The design of the market… (more)
(A longer, German version of this article appeared in the German newspaper Handelsblatt [translated here] on April 26, 2013.)
- European Defence Matters: Report on the European Defence Agency Annual Conference (ec.europa.eu)
- Europe Must Invest More in Security, Demand Wolfgang Ischinger and Thomas Enders (regards-citoyens.com)
- America, our great protector, is looking the other way (telegraph.co.uk)
- [Interview] Sweden: who needs Nato, when you have the Lisbon Treaty? (euobserver.com)
- NATO Holds Annual Cyber Defense Exercise (tech.slashdot.org)
- Germany`s Defense Minister Gives Some Blunt Opinions (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)